Saturday, December 19, 2009

ooo baby, it's cold outside.

so it flippin' snowed like crazy tonight. there is a general panic in my town every time snow is predicted and i am pleased when the foreboding is substantiated cause i hate an empty threat. such a waste.
today's snow was awesome. it didn't started until AFTER i drove to c-ville and back. i still got to visit the puppies my mom is fostering. i played with a mini dump truck and a scoop in the snow with one of the best 3 year olds i know. he even snuggled me at the sad part of the jungle book. someone fed me dinner. we laughed a lot. my feet never got wet or cold cause my uggs that i bought for my 26th birthday in august are dope...i had a few bourbons with my bff, bickered with someone and went home. perfecto.

the snow was out of control at midnight. my street was completely still and blanketed and beautiful. this hasn't happened since like, 1996...


where i grew up, this was considered a slight dusting. i remember winter as a child and it was FUN and full of sledding and snowsuits and skis and please don't go outside with wet hair cause it WILL break off (totally did once). and fruit roll-ups freeze quickly and will bust your teeth...anyhooo, i digress...i HATE the winter now. H.A.T.E. as a kid, you don't have to drive anywhere or worry about stuff....
BUT. the snow is wonderful. i have never stopped loving the snow. two of my dogs love it. in the south you get snowed in. and have an excuse not to go out. it is sweet. and this time ain't letting up. tomorrow i have tons of stuff to make several crock pot soups with...have a disc of "the state" and "gossip girl" on dvd and absolutely nowhere to be.
this snow might just be the best. snow. ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment