Tuesday, October 5, 2010
I want to change my pants before I go out tonight, but that would involve taking off these pants and then putting on different pants and I just can’t wait until we live in a pantsless society and hopefully, also, dogs will have opposable thumbs by then so my dog can text me when she runs away, just to let me know she’s safe.
reblogged from wait, what. http://http//whydoihaveablog.net/post/1212982457/i-want-to-change-my-pants-before-i-go-out-tonight
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
— Patton Oswalt
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
i cannot remember if i have posted this already and i am too lazy to look. so. i freaking love taylor swift, i do not care what you say. she is adorable and has tons of hot boyfriends in this video.
also, this song is way corny, this i know. but i am feeling pretty good lately. i got over some major obstacles and made some crazy serious decisions and viola! life instantly simplifies and becomes a fairy tale...smiles :)
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
see you next year, summer.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
i would paint too. and have a room to make collages in with a door that shut so the cats wouldn't get glue on their paws and have magazine scraps attached to their tails.
all of these things can be done now, i guess. maybe i should start.
Friday, August 27, 2010
i love this song cause it makes me think of 8th grade and moving to virginia and edward furlong was so cute back then but he really let himself go as a grown and man and i always thought that was such a waste but this video is so great and awesome if you are in 8th grade and i've never turned this song off if it has come on the radio i just get really excited and miss aerosmith when they used to rock.
last week i saw a video where steven tyler and joe perry were hitting each other with microphones and pushing each off of stages. sadly hilarious. but dudes, your time is up.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
— Albert Einstein
(i could have reblogged this from like, a million people i don't know but come on...it's albert einstein not like some hipster from the LES)
Monday, August 23, 2010
i dunno what to do? WAIT! but what i DO know is that i have barely tapped into my most favoritist demographic of man meat: the homosexual.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
the sad thing is, i haven't spent tons of time with m because i had no idea she was moving until last week. we saw each other in church, walked on the ave around the same time, crossed paths on the art walks and went to the y simultaneously...but i feel like i missed out on a close friend that was right down the street. she's only moving to nc and it's a sweet vacay spot but i'm sad.
m and i share the same views on relationships and loneliness. she met the love her life later on and lost him tragically. she reminds me that nothing is to be rushed and everything works out for what it should be. i don't find myself with that desperate desire for a "life partner" yet (mainly cause i know it will challenge me to share and play nice with others and things i don't want to have to do at home. and a ton of my friends are going through their 1st rounds of divorce. blegh.) but i feel a pang of regret for not calling her when i thought about it that one day...for not bringing her some of my apple crisp during the snow storm...our relationship is not less valuable because i neglected to do those things...but i missed opportunities to spend time with someone whom i will now feel lonesome without.
i have to go to nc this weekend to visit a dear friend in the hospital. several hours in the car will force me to deal with the current loses and transitions and questionable difficulties of the past few months. i'm glad to have the moments with m to remind me to always write that note, have that dinner and make that call. and that in the end-it will all work out, just might take a minute.
but sometimes it's ok to be lonely and sad about something that isn't there.
p.s. remember when the state did the entire cover album of this song? bahahaha. that's one of my favorite sketches!
Friday, August 20, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
one time on a school trip in college for african art we had an afternoon free and i spent it putzing around the smithsonians. i listened to joni mitchell and felt so peaceful. in mexico we went to unbelievably amazing museums of kahlo and trotsky. i listened to santana and felt inspired and determined and mysterious. one spring break i went with my parents again around dc and my mom and i split up and i listened to ani and i was scared and sad.
every year i try to go to dc and see the same old stuff...but it's always new. i'm not sure what i listen to this year....ginsberg...jazz? the new arcade fire? johnny cash? i'll let you know how i felt...
Friday, August 13, 2010
2. A weekly income that covers the rent (or mortgage payment)
3. An orgasm
4. Always enough toilet paper
5. A hair stylist she trusts
6. A favorite song, porn site, image, movie or fantasy that always gets her in the mood
7. Health insurance
8. A signature drink
9. A healthy relationship with her parents
10. Bras in the correct size
11. Enough alcohol in her home to offer drop-by guests a cocktail
12. An emergency hangover remedy
13. A voter registration card
14. A wardrobe that includes the perfectly flattering little black dress, a great pair of heels, jeans that make her ass look great, and a cute hat that hides a bad hair day
15. A yearly appointment with her gynecologist
16. The name of reliable movers to give her friends when they ask for help relocating
17. The gumption to ask a man out
18. A group of girlfriends who get it
19. A set of tools (and the ability to use them ... even if it’s just to hang a piece of art)
20. A balanced checkbook
21. No interest in men who just aren’t that into her
22. A vacation to look forward to at least once a year
23. A good bulls**t detector
24. The courage to stand up for herself and her beliefs
25. A favorite sex position
26. A set of hand towels so guests don’t have dry their hands on her bath towel (gross!)
27. Enough self-love to avoid and break off unhealthy friendships and relationships
28. A commitment to exercise
29. A retirement fund
30. A great vibrator
don't laugh. this website is a great way to relax and get moderately decent -> bad advice...
Thursday, August 12, 2010
ok, ok. we all know how much i used to make fun of john mayer and then fell madly and unabashedly in love with his tunes...this album came out last year and fell right in line with my previous summers obsession with the music of the man.
it's been on my playlist A LOT lately and makes me sad and comforted at the same time. look. i'm sorry. i love being young and ready for anything and blah blah blah but come on there is a certain amount of worry and fear that everyone seems to forget about. we only remember the fun stuff...like being 22? in reality i was insecure and lost and irresponsible. i had no idea who i was or what the eff i was doing...but all i remember now is being free and traveling and only answering to myself...that was pretty sweet.
(i love this video for several reasons: 1. he's hot. but 2. mainly cause in one scene he has the half baked movie poster in the background...that came out in 1998...when mr. mayer was 22 and i'm assuming was gallivanting around nyc)
now. i'm not saying imma go fly outta the country and smoke a bunch of dope...but remember the time when that was a much more feasible option?
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
most reasons are pretty menial but altogether weighing on me:
- the departure of one of my oldest, truest friends :(
- my impeding 30th birthday :( :( (we all try to pretend like we don't care about age but once that major one hits that isn't about more freedom & privilege BAM.)
- big girls decisions, waiting for answers, arghhh...what's that again? oh yeah, S.T.R.E.S.S. :( :( :(
- how i really do need a new pair of jeans cause the others i have are too big and have been for a while now. i can use that birthday discount and not feel guilty :)
- how lucky i am to have hard decisions to make, like, thank god i don't live in a world where my future is determined for me and i am trapped and unable to be free. (heavy i know but seriously, gets you out of being whiny & pathetic every time.) :) :)
- how i love the fleeting days of summer...cause they last FOREVER here. i never get sick of the heat. i do enjoy the fall but i looove how summer stays too long :) :) :)
- how this summer i realized how much i enjoy a movie theater visit. (many thanks to leonardo dicaprio and joseph gordon-levitt for being my crushes since 1991, without the both of you in a film, i would never gone to the big, expensive theater to see your awesomeness. twice.) :) :) :) :)
- so i may not be into the birthday this year but i'll muster up the strength to enjoy the birthday PARTY!!! :) :) :) :) :)
Monday, July 26, 2010
so here's rick james and a meaningless list of people born in buffalo!!!
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
There are two strange phenomena that inevitably occur if I get drunk: A.) I suddenly realize that I am an unparalleled expert on any topic of conversation. B.) Everyone else suddenly becomes half-deaf.
They don’t admit it because they are probably confused and embarrassed to suddenly be half-deaf, but it’s okay because I politely compensate by speaking very loudly to them.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
i totes forgot i had a blog and i'm really stressed about turning 30 and i've got this grad school thing looming and something else that's kind of a big deal and i'm going to ny for a reunion (wahoo!) this weekend and i'll get back to it sooner than later. (i put some cool stuff i reblogged for the next few days)
so just listen to axl, need a little patience.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
BUT. one of my super stresses has been related to some volunteer work i do that is church related and maaaaan has it been keeping me up at night and hurting my heart. the drama has been so detached from the actual work i have had to think looong and hard about why i do what i do again. then i surround myself with the kids i work with and reality check back in but DANG.
i've been diplomatic, polite, snarky, firm, kind, compassionate, bitchy, confrontational, passive, overbearing and sarcastic. nothing has gotten through to some of those who are supposed to be in their position due to great faith and leadership. it is bumming me out.
i'm totes not the only one who thinks that church ruins god/faith/community a lot of the time...i just hope to get out from underneath this heavy weight. and soon.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Song I wrote and RECorded today, well, quickly.
Nothing smart, or at least not very
Nothing naked, well not yet
No big deal
No first prize
Nothing much to give or get
Nothing now but me and you
Nothing more, thanks, that’ll do
go listen to the recording. now. http://hitrecordjoe.tumblr.com/ i'm not skilled enough to do that clicky thing.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Friday, July 2, 2010
npr reminded me this week of how much i adore lauren hill. her album came out days after we all moved into the dorms and the beats got us dressed for all the cute new college boys...too bad she never put out more music at the time. i LOVE this early hip-hop of my life. summer playlist fo sho.
aaand how amazing is this video?!