Wednesday, August 4, 2010

:( no more?

the frown face has been following me lately. i felt it creeping in and stayed busy so i was forced to a happy face but now that summer activities have died down i'm left in the wake of over-committing myself...i feel it. this is good, because now...well, i'm forced to see why so frowny?

most reasons are pretty menial but altogether weighing on me:
  • the departure of one of my oldest, truest friends :(
  • my impeding 30th birthday :( :( (we all try to pretend like we don't care about age but once that major one hits that isn't about more freedom & privilege BAM.)
  • big girls decisions, waiting for answers, arghhh...what's that again? oh yeah, S.T.R.E.S.S. :( :( :(

so i give myself this week to sulk. recoup. watch hours of arrested development and planet earth. blah.
but next week will be enough of that. next week i remind myself of the lovely things liiike:
  • how i really do need a new pair of jeans cause the others i have are too big and have been for a while now. i can use that birthday discount and not feel guilty :)
  • how lucky i am to have hard decisions to make, like, thank god i don't live in a world where my future is determined for me and i am trapped and unable to be free. (heavy i know but seriously, gets you out of being whiny & pathetic every time.) :) :)
  • how i love the fleeting days of summer...cause they last FOREVER here. i never get sick of the heat. i do enjoy the fall but i looove how summer stays too long :) :) :)
  • how this summer i realized how much i enjoy a movie theater visit. (many thanks to leonardo dicaprio and joseph gordon-levitt for being my crushes since 1991, without the both of you in a film, i would never gone to the big, expensive theater to see your awesomeness. twice.) :) :) :) :)
  • so i may not be into the birthday this year but i'll muster up the strength to enjoy the birthday PARTY!!! :) :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment