Thursday, October 29, 2009

sigh. (autumn style)

i rode the train back into nyc last weekend. the rails follow the hudson valley and it was by far the most beautiful fall foliage i have ever had the privilege to witness. the northern crisp cold air allows the trees to burst red and orange in a unique confetti all its own. i had just spent the previous days with my bestest of friends from college, one of whom had gotten married to an unbelievably-perfect-for-her man. we had wild dance partays and made fools of ourselves and created new silly stories to tell for years...

while on the train i reflected on how much i LOVE traveling alone. the freedom and confidence that rejuvs me when i travel is thrilling. it is all up to me: and i always take advantage and walk on the other side of the street. i do not always play by these rules at home and cannot think of a good reason why. i needed this trip to remind me that i should do this more often...

my soundtrack was small play list that i kept on repeat. it bellowed with my emotions as i watched the mountains and the skip wrecked banks of the river. here are a few of my favorites...

stop this train john mayer
relator pete yorn & scarlett johansson
shine on you crazy diamond pink floyd
annie's song john denver
pulse ani difranco
manhattan kings of leon
secret heart fiest
cry me a river justin timberlake
exodus bob marley






2 comments:

  1. i know! i was so bummed my camera broke but i was super excited to see someone else had captured the scene in all of its glory!!!

    ReplyDelete