Thursday, October 22, 2009

i kinda like my sleep, but thanks for the offer, city.

so. i am pretty sure i am like, the only person in the world that is not ecstatic when faced with a trip to the big apple, nyc. i mean, last time i was there i was LITERALLY slapped in the face with trash. and lots of it. i grew up in new york state so it is not the rude northern thing. i am a rude northerner. and nyc attitude is sooo different than the other frigid side of the state where i was raised.
but the city lights stress me out. i want to walk without being rubbed on all sides. at home, i store stuff in my car and do not need to carry my daily necessities on my back. i can hear crickets and frogs. i live in whole house. with a yard. and i am not dirt poor. or rich. my small southern town allows me this luxury and i like a-livin this life, i AM small town, usa.
aaand i don't want to offend the majillions of people i know that live and love nyc so this will be pleasant. i leave tomorrow for a few days in the city with a hudson valley wedding in between. (my last wedding for the next year WAHOOOO!) it should be a lovely vacation. i am actually pretty excited.
and i like central park. i like parks in general. and i plan on spending as much time in central park as i can this visit. hopefully it will not be too freezing and i can buy some warm, sugary, honey coated nuts in a bag that have probably been in the street vending machine for at least a year or two and be in heaven...

No comments:

Post a Comment