Tuesday, October 13, 2009

my stupid mouth...

i have a big mouth. i am a chatterbox, a motormouth, a yapper, a busybody, a clack, a magpie, a windbag, a blowhard, a gabber....you get the point.

sometimes i notice when i am being a leedle too gregarious and sometimes i do not. i used to be severely self-conscious (almost panicky) about this but self-conscious is not really my thing so i gave that up.

when i open up my snapper and let it flow i can assure you that it is because i feel strongly about something or someone. and, believe it or not, i have upgraded and continuously attempt to improve my filter and maintain clarity with my intentions. but that does not mean i still won't speak my mind.
i will continue to speak my mind when i feel others are not heard. when i feel some are marginalized or ignored i will say something about it...or figure out who needs to know to make a change. i use my stupid mouth in defense of others i feel are not being treated fairly. my pie hole can be a beacon of justice so that others may join who are like minded but maybe just little quieter...my squeak can be their squawk.

but my squealer gets me into trouble. once i was trying to defend a best friend and her wishes at a slumber party and i ended up the odd girl out. the friendship immediately ended, i was too young and intimidated to speak up as to my reasoning and i became the victim of the middle school girls' cruelty for a looong time.

as an adult, i am not as defensive and i have confidence to argue my way through disagreements or confrontations. i have to remind myself that others do not always want to "battle" and will not come to table with their voices or concerns if i am always donning my "warpaint."

a sweet southerner once told me "you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar." so very true. (but i have always found vingear much more useful than sugar...literally and figuratively)


i fell in love with john mayer last year. after that whole body is a wonderland song i was totally grossed out by him and pretty much made fun of him with a vengeance. then...for some reason...i downloaded a cd. then i downloaded four more. his lyrics are amazing and i find it comforting to listen to someone my age...singing songs about what it is like RIGHT NOW for us. (and come on, when he dated jessica simpson the rest of us realized how incredibly dreamy he really is)...so my title is from one of his songs...and it is a really good one. go listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment