Friday, January 8, 2010

i mean, what else is there to do in a jailhouse?

today is elvis presley's birthday. he died on the same day as MY day of birth so you would think i would dig him a lot merely by association but i do not really. i like a handful of his songs but the whole superstar/sex symbol/gyration/you look too much like my uncle buster to be hot/lip curl/hair poof thing never really caught my attention. (more a gene kelly/fred astaire kinda girl)

i have always meant to see his movies, but again, have not made much of an effort...BUT now i think i will! check out the stitching on these pants! neat-O! i L.O.V.E. costumes in movies from waaay back when. and the babes are always rocking some swell hairdos and shoes.

and i spend a lot of time at the jail with my job so i should totally see this film and then when i am at the jail at 5am i can imagine all of the inmates singing and dancing (which i assuming they do in the movie) and i will laugh to myself and the smell won't bother me as much.

happy birthday elvis. i am sorry i am not more of a fan but i think it is neat you died on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment