Saturday, March 27, 2010

my mind is racing.

i l.o.v.e. spring do not get me wrong. but i get this melancholy feeling right in the beginning...the summer is coming and that is so exciting...things are blooming (in my guest room! yea baby plants!)...flowers flowers flowers...but the crispness that is still in the air is a little sad to me. i also get nervous for those that make the jump into spring/summer when it isn't quite here yet. (like please. flip flops are not here yet.)

maybe that's how i am feeling. i want to jump, but i don't want the frost to come again and make me feel foolish. i am good at playing worst case scenario and have carefully planned out, complete with dates, my garden plans. i want to go with my gut but i fight the urges and bring myself back down to the practical. i am totally obsessed with it and feel stress at the thought of it not working out the way i hope it will...what if i get caught by the late cold spell? what if my precious babies get washed away? what if i am doing it all wrong and didn't read enough or plan enough? metaphor much?

this song has that melancholy hopefulness i am feeling now...i dig it. (get it? dig it? bahahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment