Thursday, November 26, 2009

a perfect night.

i am a pretty social person. the week of the holidays are always a reunion of sorts in my little town. i didn't love hs so much i want to repeat it or anything, i was just as awkward as anyone...but i've made my peace with it. it is usually not a big deal if i go out and see every. single. person. i ever had math or gym with. i don't necessarily not like them...i just keep in touch with the people i really do like and want in my life. sooo being nice for the sake of being nice and social for the sake of "seeing" everyone is the farthest from my goals in life.

last night i kinda made plans. i did my chores, prepped what i could for thanksgiving, put on some make-up, a clean shirt, my favorite boots...but after all of that i changed back into a sweatshirt and my uggs and sat on the deck star gazing with a nice, cold SNPA.

i've been downloading TONS of new music and i sat outside with only the stars and listened to the avett brothers (i'm the only onw who missed the memo on how effing amazing they are)...i've been overplaying "head full of doubt/road full of promise" from their latest album. it is the most beautiful song i have heard in a looong time. at first i didn't really think i could relate to this song right now in life...i recalled those times when i would have listened to this song as if it were written for me..that makes this song so much more special to me now. it's like part of my past is at peace and i've recognized it.

it was the perfect type of cold. the stars were electric and i could have sat outside with that song on all night long...savoring every part of the moment...with grin in the dark...it's been a while since i've had a song like this.
object width="560" height="340">

No comments:

Post a Comment