Tuesday, June 8, 2010

grin, sob, hug. repeat.

last weekend i was with my favorite teenagers for a regional church assembly. the teenagers owned the assembly. they blew the adults minds and inspired and intrigued them. it was amazing. upon returning to work (exhausted but only facing three days of toil) this week i see this:

"After this weekend, I took a look back at how I was freshman year... and I've changed and grown more than I could have possibly imagined I would. I am completely and utterly amazed, almost to tears. Thank you Virgina Youth Ministry Committee for making me the wonderful woman I am today ♥ ♥ "
-kb, ymc president 2010

this girl had me grinning like a fool and bursting into spontaneous tears all. weekend. long. love it. in the last year that i have known her she has become so confident and headstrong and determined. i am envious of her strength and drive! i cannot wait to see her grow more and am grateful for the kick in the tail her example has set for me!

***good news is: the high school kids are flawlessly transitioning into the college age group so i don't miss a beat of their stories and journeys!!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment