Thursday, February 25, 2010

shameless plug

this winter i decided to join a local csa. i frequent the community market but i wanted something that would challenge me in the kitchen and by golly did i get my wish granted. i also have never eaten so many potatoes in my life...but anyhoo...here is my shameless plug:
please, please, PLEASE go check out their website. this mostly volunteer run, in the smack dab middle of the city, friendly, warm, feel good and snuggly each week place is a new fav.
each week i receive an email like the one below...i research the items i am unfamiliar with, seek out some recipes then i pick up my bag of goodies and the fun begins. and i am for real about the potato thing...i have enough soup to last a year. which is awesome!!!
although i look forward to my summer of self sufficiency (hopefully) i can proudly say i haven't bought general produce at the grocery store in months. lemons and limes (use sunkist-union approved!) are the only thing i have been purchasing (with the reg's like cheese and milk and yogurt)
i love, love, LOVE my csa. i love, love, LOVE the volunteers. check it out. find one in your area and i dare you to challenge me on potato soup recipes.



1 comment:

  1. my roomies and i are signing up for a share this year! i totally wanted to last year and chickened out but we're on board this year! i'm really excited!

    ReplyDelete