Thursday, February 18, 2010

green peace.

i never really thought i would be one of those peeps that was waaay into gardening, but alas, i am. I AM SO FRICKIN EXCITED ABOUT MY GARDEN THIS YEAR I CANNOT STAND TO WAIT UNTIL MAY. MAY!!!
i volunteered to help at this thing last year in my old job and was given a gift card to barnes & noble. i knew right away i wanted to buy a gardening book and i waited and waited. i went to b & n last weekend, took off my coat, sat on the floor and explored the garden books. the one i decided on kicks ass!
so now my dreams are full of these diagrams...i space out into visions of canning tomatoes and beans and peppers and cucumbers...my quest for simple living is coming along quite nicely and i feel less stress and complications with each plan i make that is striving towards more self sufficiency and less corporate consumption.
maybe i miss my hippie college. i know i am stir crazy and having a tough winter. but the prospect of summer eats that came from my yard 20 ft away just gets me all giddy. wook at da whittle pwants and weeves!!!
good news: with tax money, my backyard fence will expand for more animal play AND will construct a giant cage for my garden to deter the biggest groundhog in lynchburg doesn't get into my stash this year. JOY!

2 comments:

  1. lovesit! my goals for our backyard this summer are composting and some simple gardening. i have a blog thumb, however, so that might be troublesome.

    also, i find it disconcerting that you blog so early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete